It is one thing to go on vacation, it is another thing to have the best time of your life! Unfortunately, many people make the mistake of thinking that once they get to their destination, everything will magically be fine. This simply isn’t true. Your hotel room, airline reservations, car rentals, and even your trip with pets can all be affected by not being organized. Here are some tips for staying organized while on the road:
* Stay organized by setting a travel goal for your trip. You cannot change who you really are, but by setting a goal, you can make life a bit easier while traveling. The best way to do this is to determine what you want to get out of your travels, such as experiences, souvenirs, or recommendations. Then, create a list of these things so you know exactly what you need to pack for your trip.
* Buy something once, and bring something back. Many people make the mistake of purchasing souvenirs for their travels before leaving for their trip, only to forget about them when they get to their destination. Instead, consider buying something that you can bring with you as well, such as sunscreen or a new bottle of perfume. Remember, packing for a multi-destination road trip doesn’t mean packing light; rather, it means packing wisely.
* Bags and dirty clothes don’t mix. Dirty clothes can weigh down your bags and can cause damage to your luggage. Don’t stack your bags on top of each other. Leave at least two feet between each piece of luggage. If you have to, use two suitcases instead of one large bag and bring only what you’ll need on your trip, because then you won’t have to bring a laundry basket with you to clean up your clothes afterwards. Remember, lighter is better when packing for a long trip.
* Organize your essentials bag. When packing for a trip, it’s not always easy to know where you need to go, or what you’ll need for your trip. However, an essentials bag will give you a place to put everything you need for your trip. An essential bag is an important part of your travel preparation. In fact, you should always have a few items in this bag, including: your travel pillow, a new pillowcase, toiletries, a new tube of toothpaste and a new deodorant.
* Get the perfect cosmetic bag for you. One of the most important aspects of packing for a long trip is having the right cosmetics. That’s why you’ll also need a suitcase or carry-on bag. Make sure you have enough room inside your carry-on to store your liquids such as water, soap, shampoo, and shaving gel. Also make sure you store your makeup in smaller sections. Separating your cosmetics and your travel lipstick is a good practice to prevent damage.
* Packing cubes. Packing cubes are a good solution for travelers who want to keep their suitcase organized and still have plenty of room for their miscellaneous items. The best thing about using packing cubes is that they are very easy to use. It’s recommended that you use plastic boxes or totes instead of the suitcase for your luggage organized task.
* Travel pillow. Having a travel pillow will give you extra comfort during your journey. This is especially important if you’re traveling from city to city. Make sure that the pillow is soft and comfortable, and that it will fit perfectly into your carry-on or suitcase. This will provide you with much needed comfort while on the airplane and while packing for your trip.